ACER SWIFT 5 WINDOWS 10
ACER SWIFT 5 PERFORMANCEThe Swift 7’s luxurious, barely-there chassis, drawing inspiration from HP’s stunning Spectre 13, was the star of the show at its New York unveiling earlier this year. And the design is perfection when it comes to portability. It’s light enough to carry around effortlessly in a satchel or backpack, tipping the scales at just 1.3kg, and its 15mm slimness matches Apple’s recently refreshed Macbook Pro for a fraction of the price. As for ports, you’ll find one USB-C connector for charging, two USB 3 ports, a single HDMI socket, a 3.5mm headset port and an SD card slot.
The Swift 5 isn’t quite so elegant. Its black anodised aluminium keyboard surround isn’t too bad, with its pleasant brushed finish, but the rest of the device feels like it’s been cobbled together from various parts of other machines. The ridged lid both looks and feels bargain-basement, despite being made of metal, while the screen bezels and underside are surrounded with a soft-touch plastic. It doesn’t add up to a coherent design.
Still, even if the Swift 5 looks like a Frankenstein’s Monster of a machine, build quality feels reassuringly solid.
Acer Swift 5 Keyboard and touchpadThe Acer Swift 5 is quite comfortable to type on, but a few minor niggles mar the experience. Some keys are awkwardly cramped – notably, the half-size left shift key is squeezed up uncomfortably against the backstroke key – and the action is perhaps a little too squishy for my tastes.
The trackpad however is nicely sized, offering ample room for your Windows 10 multi-touch finger flourishes. It’s as reliable as you should expect in 2017, and there’s a subtle aluminium chamfered edge to it too, which makes it easier on the fingertips when you bump your fingers into the sides.
Acer Swift 5 DisplaySlimming down the screen bezels has allowed Acer to squeeze a luxurious 14in display into a frame that isn’t much bigger than your typical 13.3in laptop. The bezel-less design isn’t original – the Dell XPS 13 has been doing it for several years – but it’s always impressive to see it implemented well.
The glossy 1,920 x 1,080 panel is just about up to snuff. Maximum brightness is a more than decent 363cd/m2 (a little brighter than the XPS 13), but sRGB colour coverage lets things down a little at just 82%. If we’re being picky, we’d have to say that colours looked a tad muted overall, with iffy colour reproduction across the board, and particularly with darker reds and blues.
Acer Swift 5 Performance and battery lifeThe Acer Swift 5 comes in two different configurations, powered by either a Core i5 or Core i7 processor. The model I tested came equipped with a Core i5-7200U processor clocked at 2.5GHz, with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. The pricier Core i7 model has a higher clock rate and comes with a 512GB SSD, but the changes end there. Acer Swift 5 won’t let you down when it comes to longevity either. It lasted 9hrs 12mins in our continuous video playback test, with the screen set to our standard brightness of 170cd/m2. That’s roughly 90 minutes longer than either the Dell XPS 13 or the MacBook Pro 2017.
Just like its cheaper Acer Swift 3 sibling, the Swift 5 opts for a low-powered U-series processor, catering for thermal efficiency over raw processing power. As a result, we were anticipating above-average battery life, partnered with respectable – if not exceptional – performance. Acer Swift 5 is one of those rare devices that defies categorisation. It’s hard to call it a high-end laptop, yet it beats much pricier competition in terms of both raw performance and battery life.
ACER SWIFT 5 SF514 DRIVERS WINDOWS 10
- Download Acer Swift SF514-51 Drivers – Audio – Realtek Audio Driver
- Download Bluetooth – Intel Bluetooth Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Bluetooth – Atheros Bluetooth Driver (NFA344A Liteon) Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Wireless LAN – Intel Wireless LAN Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Wireless LAN – Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344A HAI) Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download CardReader – Realtek Card Reader Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Chipset – Intel Chipset Driver (Kabylake) Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download DPTF – Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Fingerprint- ELANTECH Fingerprint Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download IO Drivers – Intel Serial IO Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download IRST – Intel IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download TouchPad – ELANTECH Touchpad Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download TouchPad – Synaptics Touchpad Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Turbo Boost – Intel Turbo Boost Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download Turbo Boost – Intel Turbo Boost Driver (Kabylake) Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download VGA – Intel VGA Driver Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download VGA – Intel VGA Driver (Kabylake) Windows 10- Acer Swift SF514-51
- Download User Manual W10 – Acer Swift SF514-51 other
- Download BIOS – Update ME code- Acer Swift SF514-51 Drivers download