About HP Deskjet 2540 printers, After a few years without a printer at home, we finally had to get one. It should be small and compact and have a scanning function. Wi-Fi connection would not be bad, and so we came across the HP Deskjet 2540. What convinced us about this printer was the complete package at this low price. Since we do not have a large daily print volume, but use it only occasionally, the speed with max. 7 pages per minute for our needs in any case. So ordered the printer and held in your hands within 2 days.
Perforamance HP Deskjet 2540 Printers
|HP Deskjet 2540 Front View|
He is really very compact and folds well and stowed on the shelf. The paper tray can easily handle around 40 pages with normal paper thickness. The copy and scan tray is suitable for sizes up to A4, and the output tray folds out to hold the printed pages securely.
The installation of the driver was also on our MacBook no problem and we could start with the installation. Unfortunately, problems arose here because the description was not very clear to me. After some trial and error and read help on the HP side, but then it has worked and I have to say: Once set up and since then, the printer runs properly in the wireless. The connection via cable is easily recognized, but not really needed, because the connection via WLAN is absolutely sufficient.
The print results are absolutely sufficient for our needs and the speed can not compete with the "high performance printer" at work, but prints for the private purpose as I think fast enough. Scanning with the printer is also possible via WLAN without any problems. Once a page has been scanned, it can be conveniently stored on the computer with the supplied scan software - but it is also possible to scan several pages in succession and merge them into a single document.
Specifications HP Deskjet 2540
|HP Deskjet 2540 printer All In One|
Compatible With your Operating System.
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
Drivers Deskjet 2540 Printer Series
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows xp (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows xp (64bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows vista (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows vista (64bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 7 (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 7 (64bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 8 (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 8 (64bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 8.1 (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 8.1 (64bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 10 (32bit) – Download
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows 10 (64bit) – Download
HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for windows server 2000, 2003, 2012, Linux– Download Operating system’s drivers are not available on HP official website, either the drivers are inbuilt in the operating system or the printer does not support these operating systems
- HP Deskjet 2540 driver download for Mac – Download for 10.6
How To Install Driver Setup Deskjet 2540 ?
- Switch on your computer where you want to install Deskjet 2540 All-in-One printer driver.
- Until unless you suggested to connect USB cable to the computer, please don’t connect it.
- Download the setup file from above link if you didn’t download them yet. Run the setup file as administrator. It triggers to start the installation wizard. Then follow the instructions until to finish it.
- at the execution of this wizard you have to connect USB cable between Deskjet 2540 All-in-One printer and your computer.
- So wait for that and connect only when it asks you to connect. It will detect the Deskjet 2540 All-in-One printer and go ahead to next step if all goes well.
- Input the values for each step in the wizard and complete the install.
- Now your printer is ready to use as the software of HP Deskjet 2540 software installed successful.
The only drawback is that the printer after starting sometimes finds our Wi-Fi only very slowly. Once found, but everything works wonderfully and even the printing from the tablet and the phone is in the same network no problem. The caching of the printer alone is not that big, so it's best to keep the document open until the end of printing to reliably print all pages.
In summary, however, the printer is now running smoothly for several years at our home. Only the cost of the cartridges are quite high at higher print volumes. The connection via the WLAN is really practical and simplifies printing immensely. Also, print jobs from the phone or tablet are processed without problems. One point deduction because of the installation and the high running costs. All in all a good printer for a great price.